Affordable Dispute Resolution
NAMIC’s Arbitration Service provides a forum for affordable dispute resolution between signatory property/casualty insurance companies in the United States.
ARBITRATION SYSTEM USER GUIDE (PDF)
NAMIC’s online platform is available for all case submissions and allows users to file new cases, respond to filings, upload evidence, and more. We’ve recently published the linked system user guide to help you get started using the Arbitration system. Topics include how to setup an account, file a new claim, and how to respond. (Published 10/21)
Each decision includes a comprehensive, written breakdown of the case including a discussion of the reasoning behind the ruling.
All cases are heard by a panel of at least three independent, experienced arbitrators.
Jurisdiction over subrogation disputes is available for collision damage, medical payments, and third-party contribution claims.
Additional claim types are available for dispute with a special arbitration waiver.
An online filing and case tracking interface is available for all case submissions.
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS AND INFORMATION
- Chrome is the preferred web browser.
- Users must be logged in to access file information.
- Important Note: Registrations are processed individually on weekdays only and may take up to 24 hours to verify for arbitration access. During this time, access to the site is limited. Once your account is active, you may submit arbitration filings, respond to existing filings, request extensions, submit status reports, upload evidence, etc.
- If you need to file or respond to a case before your account is approved, you may use this fillable PDF. Please email to Denise Verona once completed.
- A one-time per file 30-day extension is available by written request via email to Denise Verona or within the record while logged in. The request must be made on or prior to the answer due date.
- A request for one-year deferments must be made as part of the official response and must include a brief contentions to explain the reason for the request.
- The $120 filing fee or counter-filing fee can be paid upon filing or we will bill your company the following month for any unpaid fees.
- A rehearing request must be submitted within 30 days of a decision date and must be for one of two reasons: a clerical error or misapplication of law.
BECOME A NAMIC.ORG REGISTERED USER
Registered users have the following benefits:
- Instantly access case information.*
- Easily complete case submissions with pre-filled contact information.
- Quickly add or update case status and information.
- Simultaneously view all of your pending cases and case history.
* For petitioners and responders; does not include case evidence.REGISTER NOW
Administrator - NAMIC Arbitration Service